Update from the BC Ministry of Health, December 21st, 2021
Adult gyms, fitness centres, and dance studios closed for four weeks.
In addition to the new orders that the PHO announced last Friday (December 17th), today the rising COVID-19 numbers have led to additional orders for the next four weeks: December 22nd to January 18th, 2022.
"The provincial health officer is implementing additional measures to address rising COVID-19 case counts that could result in increased hospitalizations and critical care admissions and the potential to overstress the health-care system.
Revised provincial health officer orders will take effect on Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
The restrictions will extend to Jan. 18, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., and include:
- no organized indoor social events and gatherings of any size;
- concerts, sports games and theatres reduced to 50% seated capacity, regardless of venue size;
- closing gyms, fitness centres and dance studios;
- closing bars and nightclubs; and
- limiting table sizes at restaurants, cafes and pubs to a maximum of six people per table with physical distancing or barriers.
These restrictions are in addition to the revised orders that took effect on Monday, Dec. 20."